Within the concept of Turkey’s Strategy to Enhance Bilateral Trade and Economic Relations with Africa and in accordance with the decisions taken in the 2nd Session of Turkey-Africa Partnership Summit held in Malabo, Equatorial Guinea in November 2014, Turkey will host the Turkey-Africa Economic and Business Forum in November 2-3, 2016 in İstanbul.
The Forum, co-organized by Ministry of Economy of the Republic of Turkey and the African Union Commission, will provide a unique platform for the business circles of Turkey and African countries to create a long-lasting cooperation.
Turkish Minister of Economy and Ministers of African Countries (Trade, Investment, Economy, and Finance), International Organizations and Regional Economic Communities in Africa, NGOs, Chambers of Commerce and Industry, Business Councils, Associations, Professional Organizations and Entrepreneurs from Turkey and Africa, Diplomatic Missions to Turkey, Mass Media from Turkey and Africa will participate the Forum.
During the Forum, there will be two main sessions following the Opening Ceremony:
- A Plenary Session in which designated businessmen to tell their success stories in Africa and,
- A Thematic Session about the Role of Energy and Infrastructure in the Development of Africa allowing the policymakers of Africa will share their thoughts.
Then, B2B and Networking meetings will be organized to explore specific projects and allow for informal discussion among business communities of Turkey and Africa.
Also, in the second day of the Forum, business trips to Industrial Zones, Free Zones, Ports and Factories will be organized for the participants. The Forum will end with an official dinner.
Objectives of the Forum
- Raising the awareness of Turkish/Africa business circles to Africa and Turkey.
- Analyzing the current situation of Turkey-Africa trade and economic relations.
- Seeking the cooperation opportunities between Turkey and Africa and discussing the challenges.
- Encouraging both Turkish and African private sector entrepreneurs to create investment opportunities in both sides.
- Evaluating new approaches to Turkish investments in Africa.
- Increasing interaction among the business communities of Turkey and Africa.
- Initiating a dialogue platform with African Regional Economic Communities.